- Code in your database can not be version controlled and is also harder to find in general later on.
- Eval()'d code is much slower than something hardcoded in a file.
Fraction Slider is a jQuery plugin which adds a fully customization element slider to your website. Fraction Slider is HTML5 multi-layer and parallax slideshow. Works fine with views fields.
- Multi-Layer slider
- Parallax Support
- Similar to Layerslide
$country_iso = $node->field_address['und']['country']; // Example, return "TR"
$country = _addressfield_country_options_list($country_iso);
- /core - All files provided by core, that doesn't have an explicit reason to be in the / directory. More details futher down.
- /libraries - 3rd party libraries, eg. a wysiwyg editor. Not included by core, but common enough to warrant inclusion here.
- /modules - The directory into which all custom and contrib modules go.
I've seen some Drupal module developers out there have a lot of trepidation about moving to Drupal 8, most often via hearsay from others or via occasionally dipping in to look around and being spooked by newfangeldy stuff like namespaces, object-oriented code, and weird directory structures.